Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Let the games begin.

Time to start digging in and taking things apart. My philosophy for this project is not to just fix only what is absolutely broken and wait for the next thing to fail. I'll be replacing just about everything made of rubber (belts, hoses, vacuum lines, mounts) and anything else that is prone to failure or at the end of its lifespan (timing chains, sprockets, gaskets, seals). The result will be a car that will be safe and reliable, with only regular maintenance, for another 150K miles or so. I think I'll break out my costs for the whole project into a couple of different pages in the blog, One for the cost of tools and special equipment that I will be buying or renting to accomplish certain things such as a cherry picker (engine puller) for when I yank her heart out, and one for the cost of parts that go into her.
It seems that I've started calling the car a "Her" so I guess she needs a name. "Golddigger" comes to mind since I get the feeling she's going to nickle and dime me on the rebuild lol. Maybe Sherry (the wife) will help me name her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Danno!

Maybe ya'll can inspire me to fix my 1990 Volvo 740GLE 16v!!! *LOL* It WAS running, but you know these Swedish cars...they're worse than wives... oops... scratch that... *trying to act innocent here*

Mark

12:34 PM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

"Bloodsucker" is what I'll call her. She's red and sucks like a vampire. Always wanting more too...

And Mark B., you're in good company here! :-)

Hey, I thought men loved Swedish men. Doesn't that apply to women too?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Have Myelin? said...

You're buying TOOLS too? What's all those things in the garage anyway? Aren't those tools too?

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel:
RE: Sherry's last comment

You are SO busted...

Better ask Santa for a Home Depot gift card now.... *LOL*

Mark

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home