Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Alive!

Well the last 2 weeks have worn me out. The car is running at last! I think the thing that saved me during re-assembly was that I took a lot of pictures when it was being taken apart. It has a new timing chain and gears, new clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel, and new boots on the drive shafts.

When I was putting the flywheel on I forgot about the timing marks and just put it on. After I got the transmission on, I put the engine at about TDC as indicated by the marks on the camshaft timing gears which were set correctly when they were replaced. No timing marks. Sh*t. So off came the transmission, clutch assy and the flywheel so I could put it right back on. Correctly this time.

When pulling the engine, I didn't know about the main wiring harness connector being under the false bulkhead so I had disconnected all the wiing from the engine. When I got the replacement engine, it still had the harness from the car it came out of so I looked in this car and sure enough... 1 simple connector for most of the wiring on the back of the engine. When re-assembling, I installed the starter, power steering pump, and water pump, and completely connected the harness.

Things still to talk about:
The exhaust battle
how to connect a starter
2 year old gas
Things still to fix:
Tires
ABS
ACC
windshield
clutch master cylinder
Whiny noise (no my kids aren't in the car)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA FINALLY DAD!!!! it lives :D
so when do i get mine?

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home